Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving. Since its inaugural year in 2012, #GivingTuesday has become a movement that celebrates and supports giving and philanthropy with events throughout the year and a growing catalog of resources.
#GivingTuesday is coming up and with that, we all have the opportunity to give back to organizations and charities that benefit our local communities. #Giving Tuesday has become a global movement and given individuals and non-profits to create positive change during this time of giving.
For this years campaign, WWF is working to remove fences that form a barrier for wildlife within the Red Desert to Hoback mule deer migration corridor. Our #GivingTuesday goal is to raise funds to remove or replace 3,000 feet of fencing, fence that creates real barriers to wildlife passage. Besides the benefits of the #GivingTuesday match, we have an opportunity to leverage your dollars with a matching donation from the Cinnabar Foundation. So, your choice to give next Tuesday will make an even bigger difference for the wildlife of Wyoming. You can help us to reach this goal in three ways:
- Contribute to our #GivingTuesday campaign. Your contribution will help us reach our fundraising goals AND you’ll also be entered into our End of Year Fundraiser Giveaway
- Create your own fundraiser to benefit Wyoming Wildlife on Facebook
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed.
- Click Raise Money.
- Select Nonprofit.
- Search for and select Wyoming Wildlife Federation.
- Select your fundraising goal and set the fundraiser to end on Wednesday the 28th. You can use the standard language or mention how many feet of fence you want to remove or replace.
- Select a cover photo. You can download one of our custom banners here: #GivingTuesdayFishing WWF #GivingTuesdayHunting
- Click Create.
- Tell 5 friends to give $5. Every contribution counts and if we can reach others folks around the state who care about conservation and wildlife issues in Wyoming, it will only help to elevate the conservation voice!
- Lastly, share videos, photos, or testimonials highlighting the importance of conservation efforts that protect wildlife migrations in Wyoming. Be sure to use the hashtags #GivingTuesday #givingtowildlife #givingtowyowild
Thank you for your considerations and contributions. We understand that it is important to feel like your time and dollars are going towards causes that you believe in. Rest assured that your contributions to Wyoming Wildlife play a vital role in our ability to create positive and lasting changes for wildlife, habitats, hunter and anglers, and all those who care about our wild resources. With your help in this campaign, we hope to bring real on the ground change for wildlife and their migrations corridors by removing and replacing fencing that impedes their movements and fragments their habitat. Thank you for your help!