About the Wyoming Wildlife Federation |
The Wyoming Wildlife Federation (WWF) works to conserve wildlife, habitat, and outdoor opportunities. Founded in 1937, we are the oldest, largest, and most influential sportsmen advocacy and conservation organization in Wyoming. Our programs focus on connecting wildlife habitat, enhancing migration corridors, defending public lands and access to them, elevating the voice of hunters and anglers on conservation issues, and conserving Wyoming’s sporting heritage.
Summary of Position |
The Philanthropy Coordinator will collaborate with the Executive Director and WWF staff to coordinate and ensure the effective implementation of all WWF philanthropic activities. This will involve the identification, recruitment, and retention of donors, organizing fundraising events, and assisting staff with grant writing. It will also include working with staff to tell the story of wildlife conservation and the legacy of sporting opportunities in Wyoming.
Major Duties and Responsibilities |
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and WWF staff to plan, implement, and coordinate effective multi-year strategies and plans for major gift prospects, including foundation, grants, and/or individual donors.
- Develop and implement strategies for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donors and prospects through the establishment of long-term relationships.
- Partner with WWF staff to write/edit grants and coordinate with staff on tracking the successful completion of grant deliverables.
- Coordinate the planning and execution of philanthropic events.
- Manage the donor database and planning stewardship strategies for each donor so as to maximize giving.
- Create compelling materials for philanthropic activities, such as events, mailings, and donor visits.
- Create and distribute a monthly donor stewardship activity report and calendar to WWF staff and board.
- Maintain, update, and improve the WWF development plan in coordination with board and staff.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop a budget for annual organizational income and expenditures for the philanthropic program.
Desired Qualifications |
- Two years of relevant philanthropic experience
- Grant writing experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team to accomplish results
- Experience in wildlife conservation a plus
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
Additional Details |
- This position would be located in Lander or Jackson, WY.
- Base salary of $45,000 per year, depending on experience and is negotiable.
- Health care, flexible work environment
How to Apply |
Send cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the subject line ‘Philanthropy Coordinator’. References will not be contacted without the consent of the applicant. Please make sure to address your interest in this position and all relevant professional and personal experience in your cover letter. No phone calls, please.
Deadline for Application is May 15th